Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L655-198 - Windows 7 Home Premium activation
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Apr-2011 19:50 Last Post By: kvbalakumar
kvbalakumar

Satellite L655-198 - Windows 7 Home Premium activation
Posted: 17-Mar-2011 17:17

Dear Experts,
I bought my Satellite L655 on January and due to some problem I given it for servicing (Toshiba). They found that my hard disk was not good and changed the hard disk. After that it was working fine for about 1 month. But from yesterday onwards, windows is prompting the message that '*This copy of windows is not geniune'*. How to solve this?

Regards,
Bala
PinkPanther

Re: Satellite L655-198 - Windows 7 Home Premium activation
Posted: 17-Mar-2011 18:34   in response to: kvbalakumar in response to: kvbalakumar
Helpful
Hi buddy,

Who has installed the current Windows 7 version?

If you install Windows 7 from Toshiba recovery disk it’s already activated and you don’t need a product key.
kvbalakumar

Posted: 23-Mar-2011 11:36   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

Hi Xpert,
Thanks for your reply.
In my hard disk, i'm having HDD recovery folder. Can i use this folder for recovery?
If yes, then how?
Sorry, I'm a newbie to use Toshiba laptop.....

Regards,
Bala
PinkPanther

Posted: 23-Mar-2011 12:09   in response to: kvbalakumar in response to: kvbalakumar

Hi buddy,

Yes, theoretically you can use the files from HDD recovery folder to restore the original operating system back to factory settings. But therefore the original OS from Toshiba must be installed. If you have installed another Windows 7 version, you can’t use the files because there is no HDD recovery option in advanced boot menu.

So is the copy of Windows 7 from Toshiba still installed or have you done your own Windows installation?

What happens if you try to activate Windows? Does it work or not?
Silas

Posted: 23-Mar-2011 12:29   in response to: kvbalakumar in response to: kvbalakumar
Helpful
Hello

Try please to start recovery installation as described in follow document - http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm
Does it works?

If not then you have a problem.
kvbalakumar

Posted: 24-Mar-2011 06:25   in response to: PinkPanther in response to: PinkPanther

Hi,
When i try to activate, windows is telling that Windows 7 Home Premium key you typed is invalid for activation.
When i click the 'Buy New product key online', browser is validating the windows and telling that Windows copy is Genuine!
Now i'm not getting the warning message that 'Windows is not genuine', still the message in the My Computer properties' window showing that 20 days to activate! Activate windows now.

I'm wondering that how to tackle the situation!!!

Regards,
Bala

Message was edited by: kvbalakumar
Dr.Lamp

Posted: 24-Mar-2011 07:48   in response to: kvbalakumar in response to: kvbalakumar

Why you don’t contact service and ask them what they have done exactly and which version have they installed?

I mean discussing here is OK and you can spend days reading different comments but you should fix this. Best option for you is recovery image installation. As I can see Silas asked you already if you can start HDD installation or not but you simply ignore this important question.
kvbalakumar

Posted: 04-Apr-2011 09:44   in response to: Dr.Lamp in response to: Dr.Lamp

Hi Mr.Lamp,
When i go to HDD recovery in windows menu, I was able to see the Toshiba HDD recovery option.
Even I contacted to the service person, they restored using HDD recovery only.
Still I'm facing the problem.....!
kvbalakumar

Posted: 11-Apr-2011 19:50   in response to: Dr.Lamp in response to: Dr.Lamp

Hi Experts,
I can't believe that what has happened today!!!
Windows diplays 'Today you must activate the windows'
And I started the activation today for just a try more and got succeed!!!

Thanks All,

Regards,
Bala

Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums