Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A100 - CPU upgrade
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-Jan-2011 13:09 Last Post By: assex
jonno1980

Satellite A100 - CPU upgrade
Posted: 13-Jan-2011 02:38

I have a 478 Intel Celeron® Processor 2.80 GHz, 128K Cache, 400 MHz FSB cpu and wonder if i can put it in my Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 mainboard ati sb450.

If not what can i upgrade my cpu with, thanx
PauPau

Re: Satellite A100 - CPU upgrade
Posted: 13-Jan-2011 12:05   in response to: jonno1980 in response to: jonno1980

Hi

Take a look here:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB9401AX0001R01.htm

Usually the CPU upgrade is not supported but some users here in the forum were able to upgrade the CPU.

You would have good chances with such upgrade using a CPU from the same family.
Furthermore you should check the chipset properties. It’s important that notebook’s chipset would support the new CPU. Otherwise you will not be able to use it.
assex

Re: Satellite A100 - CPU upgrade
Posted: 13-Jan-2011 13:09   in response to: jonno1980 in response to: jonno1980

CPU upgrade is oft discussed theme on this forum and you can try to find some old threads about CPU upgrade on Satellite A100.

As far as I know Toshiba has offered several different Satellite A100 notebooks with different hardware configuration and it will be interesting to know which notebook model do you have exactly.
I don't have positive opinion about CPU upgrade. At first a little bit stronger CPU will not increase laptop performance so much and you will probably not even see more difference than before but there is danger that more powerful CPU will produce more heat. If this will be good for cooling system and hardware in general is other question.

In my opinion you should upgrade RAM to maximum, optimize preinstalled OS and I’m sure you will be happy with performance in general. Satellite A100 is old notebook model and for supported OS it has enough power.

Is there some reason why you want to upgrade CPU?
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved