Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Unrecognized drivers and windows installer works on and on
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Sep-2010 08:42 Last Post By: Andrej
jelenavest94

Unrecognized drivers and windows installer works on and on
Posted: 07-Sep-2010 17:02

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Dear Toshiba,

I need some advice and some help about some issues with my laptop Toshiba Satellite L550D windows 7 ( upgraded with windows 7 which I purchesed from You).

I have searched several Forums ( Microsoft answers, MSDN, toshiba forum) but I still have some trouble, and I feel free to ask for help this way.

Issue 1: My laptop does not recognize some drivers, and it happens as follows: I check it in Device manager, system device, ATI I/O communications processor smbus controller, shows message: " no drivers are installed for this device". When I chek "driver" there is message: "No drivers file required or have been loaded for this device".

When I tried to update driver, automatically there is message that driver is up to date, and in "browse my computer for driver software" it browses to the driver file location, then Select to the driver you want to install, installing driver, and then "windows has succesfully updated your driver software", has finished installing driver for the software ( see above ATI I/O...).

After that, I downloaded yesterday all available drivers from Toshiba site for my OS and my product, and the situtation is the same, it shows NO drivers file required or have been loaded for this device.

The same situation is with some other devices, as follows: 1) direct memory access controller, 2) high precission event timer, 3) numeric data processor, 4) programable interrput controller, 5) system speaker, 6) system timer.

Issue 2: There is also another problem, that some downloaded drivers could not be installed, as follows:

a) toshiba software modem 2.2.97 ( SM 2297ALDO4), message: Do you want to allow this program to make changes..? I click "yes" but nothing happens.

b) modem regions select utility driver, It appears message "cannot find support device"

c) Tiles for mobility center driver, and DVD player driver, touch pad driver synaptics, for that three drivers there is not Install Shield wizard on the screen, and installation does not start at all.

4) Toshiba vallue added package 1.2.25, shows message, "Try to prepare InstallShiled wizard", then "Another version of this product is allready installed, Instalation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use add/remove programs on the control panel. {FEDD27A0-B306-45EF-BF58-B527406B42C8}.

I tried to uninstall Toshiba added value package, but it shows Error 1612 the instalation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

I have also noticed that existing version on my laptop is 1.2.28 ( from 06.01.2010) and that downloaded version (which cannot be installed) is 1.1.1.4.

Issue 3: Above all this, every time I start or restart Windows 7, it shows message "windows installer preparing to install", for short and then disappears, ( I have stoped, and then enabled, and restarted Windows installer) and error is not solved.

What to do to fix it?

thank YOu

Akuma

Re: Unrecognized drivers and windows installer works on and on
Posted: 10-Sep-2010 01:07   in response to: jelenavest94 in response to: jelenavest94

SM Bus is the Chipset and is a very important device since so many other devices are attached to the SM Bus.

You need to install the AMD Chipset Driver (which may include the ATI Display Driver).

Also ensure the BIOS is updated.
Andrej

Re: Unrecognized drivers and windows installer works on and on
Posted: 10-Sep-2010 08:42   in response to: jelenavest94 in response to: jelenavest94

After reading your long posting I’m really asking myself: what are you doing exactly?
Dera Jelena I have installed Win7 Toshiba upgrades and clean Win7 installation on more than 10 different Toshiba notebooks and didn’t have any problem except FN keys functionality on one older Satellite A200.

Anyway, when you upgrade Vista preinstalled notebook with original Toshiba upgrade kit you must just follow instructions you got with it. At first put composite (drivers) disc and this will check your system and inform you which drivers must be removed from the system before Win7 upgrade starts. When the drivers and some Toshiba tools are removed you must use second upgrade disc for Win7 upgrade.
After doing this put first disc again and check for compatible drivers installation.

That’s so easy to do and I really don’t understand what happen with your notebook. After reading your posting I feel you have made clean OS installation and not an upgrade. What have you done exactly? I mean after upgrade cannot be so much hardware conflicts in device manager.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved