Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29-May-2010 12:34 Last Post By: Xardas
sjdscotland

Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD
Posted: 19-May-2010 23:11

I am trying to download my movie clips onto dvd, I have tried DVD-R and DVD+RW discs and with both I get the message to please insert a recordable disc. I contacted Sony to ask why I am unable to copy the clips over (I have a sony HD Camcorder) but they have said I need to "insure that you have placed a recordable disc. This will depend on your computer disc drive if it is compatible to use DVD-RW/RW. Please refer to your computer specification for more information."

I have a Toshiba EQuium A200-1V0, does anyone know what type of discs would let me copy onto them?

I have copied pictures onto CD-R previously and had no troubles with these.
Xardas

Re: Equium A200-1V0 - Can't copy movie clips onto DVD
Posted: 20-May-2010 08:57   in response to: sjdscotland in response to: sjdscotland

Hi sjdscotland,

I’m a little bit confused… What program you are using to burn DVDs?
What OS you have?

Normally you can copy the movie clips onto the HDD firstly and then try to burn it on DVD using Nero or CD Burner XP.
Jeka-Ил

Posted: 20-May-2010 12:10   in response to: sjdscotland in response to: sjdscotland

Hi,

What software do you use to burn disks? Try nero, ashampoo burning studio. I recommend you high quality medias like verbatim and Tdk.
sjdscotland

Posted: 28-May-2010 19:19   in response to: Jeka-Ил in response to: Jeka-Ил

I am using windows vista for business. My DVD driver is It is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device

The reply I got from Sony was "Having received update from my technical department, it would seem that there may be another writing program that conflicts with Sonic. Please check for Adaptec or other UDF program. As it is possible that the Sonic UDF did not install and it is not possible to have reader/writer if Sonic UDF is not installed."

Im not sure how to do this or how to check what is installed, and if this is even the answer which would work?

I also asked them how I can copy to an external hardrive as I am unable to do this too.
Jeka-Ил

Posted: 29-May-2010 09:58   in response to: sjdscotland in response to: sjdscotland

You can try Isobuster:

http://www.isobuster.com/udf-reader.php

Also, you can download it from:

http://support.sonic.com/default.asp?product=dvdit

But you have to be registered :)
Xardas

Posted: 29-May-2010 12:34   in response to: sjdscotland in response to: sjdscotland

Hi sjdscotland,

Have you noticed this problem with other burning programs too?
You can try CD Burner XP or Nero for example. I use CD Burner XP for 6 months now and I’m very satisfied. It’s freeware tool and doesn’t need much disk space.

Furthermore you should try deleting the upper and lowerfilters in registry:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved