Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-May-2010 14:50 Last Post By: KCMcCoy
GillianS

How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
Posted: 29-Mar-2008 14:31

I have an A210 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 Professional and use the wireless network card to connect to our broadband modem.

For my business I would like to be able to send faxes through the normal telephone line direct from my laptop, rather than buying a fax machine.
There is a Toshiba Software Modem attached to COM3, but I can't work out how to use it to send a fax.
On older computers I have been able to set up the fax modem as a printer driver and have sent faxes directly from Word using a print-to-fax option.
I can't find anything in the general Windows help or Word help that shows me how to do this on my laptop.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Gillian
Master_of_Disas...

Re: How do I send a fax from my A210 using the internal modem?
Posted: 03-Apr-2008 08:01   in response to: GillianS in response to: GillianS

Hi,

for that you need a extra software. Google for "fax software"
When you have installed a fax software you will have a printer device named fax ...

I hope this will help you
youykus

Posted: 26-Dec-2008 17:00   in response to: GillianS in response to: GillianS

I use toshiba satellite, the total fax

can work fine with its modem, send fax be quickly.
lumina

Posted: 20-Jan-2009 13:17   in response to: GillianS in response to: GillianS

Hi, everyone!

I may say that there is no need to buy a fax machine for fax sending purposes.As soon an you have a computer and internet connection go ahead and subscribe to Popfax.com Internet Fax Provider. Fax Provider . Low rates and a very professional Customer Care assistance.
lumina

Posted: 23-Apr-2009 13:48   in response to: lumina in response to: lumina

Affiliation program is very easy money making. All you need to do is to place a company banner or logo and receive 10% revenue for every subscription that is referred from your site. I got involved in Popfax.com Affiliation Program and I have an easy monthly income without spending any of my time in order to do something. Popfax.com Service is a very reliable fax email service.
valentine

Posted: 06-Jun-2009 17:55   in response to: GillianS in response to: GillianS

I also use Popfax.com fax email service and it seems to be very good. Now you can use the code: 1202198212021982 to subscribe and you'll have 20% discount. Internet fax service is the best way to send and receive your faxes fast and cheap.
KCMcCoy

Posted: 11-May-2010 14:45   in response to: GillianS in response to: GillianS

GillianS wrote:
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Gillian
I may say that there is no need to buy a fax machine for Faxing sending purposes.As soon an you have a computer and internet connection go ahead and subscribe to Popfax.com Internet Fax Provider. Fax Provider . Low rates and a very professional Customer Care assistance.

I use the The Zoom/Modem V.92 PC Card Plus on my Toshiba laptop - it is a 56K fax modem that plugs into the PCMCIA slot . Good performance and it has an on-board controller and Digital Signal Processor which is a nice feature. Also, has Modem on Hold so when you receive a fax or voice call, you don't lose your Internet connection. Hope this is helpful and good luck!
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved