Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Toshiba External HDD PH3064U-1EXB powers off itself
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-Oct-2010 15:29 Last Post By: amolbapat
the_walkman

Toshiba External HDD PH3064U-1EXB powers off itself
Posted: 27-Mar-2010 15:37

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have a PH3064U-1EXB external hard drive that will turn it self off when in use.
It will also be on and when I go to retrieve a file it then will power off.
But it can be in use for an hour as I will be working files and or pulling them on a constant basis and for no reason it will power off.

Can ANYONE please help me ....

Honestly the power button appears to be sub par and maybe that is the issue BUT there is no rhyme or reason for the power down.

Thank you in advance.
Feliks

Re: Toshiba External HDD PH3064U-1EXB powers off itself
Posted: 01-Apr-2010 14:41   in response to: the_walkman in response to: the_walkman

I don't think anyone here will be able to help you. What you need is professional help and exact diagnostic.
If I understand you right this happen periodically, so how to know what is the reason for this. we can just speculate about this but it is probably not real help for you.

Maybe you should contact service and ask for help. Is warranty still valid?
amolbapat

Posted: 23-Oct-2010 12:04   in response to: the_walkman in response to: the_walkman

Hi,

I just got delivery of the external hdd. Unfortunately the power supply included is incorrect - of 5 volts. I am trying to find if I can use an alternative but there are no specifications especially the polarities for the power supply. Can you please let me if the inner pin is positive or negative by looking at your power supply?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Amol
Paolo30

Posted: 23-Oct-2010 12:17   in response to: amolbapat in response to: amolbapat

I just got delivery of the external hdd. Unfortunately the power supply included is incorrect - of 5 volts
In your case I recommend contacting the dealer and to clear this with the dealer… you should get a new HDD with the right power supply!
amolbapat

Posted: 23-Oct-2010 15:29   in response to: Paolo30 in response to: Paolo30

Thanks I have already done that but would appreciate if someone can provide the power supply details. I had got this hdd from US and now I am in the UK so returning it is going to be an equally difficult task.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved