Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite L505-10K - Unexpected error when using recovery disk creator
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29-Mar-2010 12:36 Last Post By: PinkPanther
putte32

Satellite L505-10K - Unexpected error when using recovery disk creator
Posted: 28-Mar-2010 08:55

Toshiba Satellite L505-10k

Can't make any recovery disc when I open toshiba recovery media creator, it says: an unexpected error occurred. Close the program and then restart it (error code: 0D00F6-49-00000015) and then I click ok and then it comes again and then I click ok and it comes again and I click ok and then the program comes and when I create the disc it comes to the verification, but then it says: Unable to read the following file. E: \ Boot \ fonts \ chs_boot.ttf (error code: 02015-20-00000000).

I really do need help, I'm afraid something will happen to my computer, so is there anyone who knows something about this kind of problem?

Thankful for your help.
Xardas

Re: Satellite L505-10K - Unexpected error when using recovery disk creator
Posted: 28-Mar-2010 12:01   in response to: putte32 in response to: putte32

Hi putte32,

To be honest I never received this error message before but it sounds like that the recovery disk creator doesn’t work properly... You should try a HDD recovery to restore factory settings. Maybe then you are able to create the recovery disk.

Otherwise I would contact an authorized service provider. If you can’t create the recovery disk, the guys should be able to help you to finish this procedure.
putte32

Posted: 28-Mar-2010 18:07   in response to: Xardas in response to: Xardas

Hi

I don't now if that works be cause when I got my computer I tried to create an recovery disc but it says yeah, you know, and I was looking in the folder if the file was there as it says that it could not read but the file isn't there so I don't think that it works to do an recovery from the HDD but I know that I can order an recovery disc from toshiba but I don't know if it works to do an recovery with it du you think so? but if I order an recovery disc do you think that I can get it for my language? I'm from sweden.
C3PO

Posted: 28-Mar-2010 19:09   in response to: putte32 in response to: putte32

Hi buddy,

I agree with Xardas. If you never were able to create the Toshiba recovery disk you should contact an authorized service provider in your country. The guys can help to fix this problem.

Otherwise you can order a recovery disk online:
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
putte32

Posted: 29-Mar-2010 12:19   in response to: C3PO in response to: C3PO

but, if I order an recovery disk do you think that I will get it for 64 bit? and can I get it for swedish?
Keany

Posted: 29-Mar-2010 12:36   in response to: putte32 in response to: putte32

When you order recovery disc you will get the image designed for this certain notebook model. If this notebook model was delivered with Win7 64bit you will get the same.

Language cannot be chosen. When you enter serial number Toshiba knows the country of purchase and you will get the original language for this country. You cannot order disc on other language.
PinkPanther

Posted: 29-Mar-2010 12:36   in response to: putte32 in response to: putte32

Hello

The recovery disk will contain the same OS as preinstalled on your notebook.

For example if there was a Windows 7 32bit version in English installed, you will get this version if you order the disk online.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved