Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite A500 - How to restore factory settings after Windows 7 upgrade?
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Feb-2010 14:47 Last Post By: assex
stab

Satellite A500 - How to restore factory settings after Windows 7 upgrade?
Posted: 27-Jan-2010 22:20

Hello,

since I've upgraded my OS to Windows 7 I have some troubles. Generally I noticed my notebook would't work as well as it was on Vista 32bit. Especially with online games (souch as counter strike 1.6).

The problem is I don't have my backup DVD's because my DVD burner wouldnt work at all :/ Now I just wonder how could I get back to win Vista without DVD's. Is that even possible? I also didn't get CD's whet I bought my notebook. So what should I do?

null
Xardas

Re: Satellite A500 - How to restore factory settings after Windows 7 upgrade?
Posted: 28-Jan-2010 08:16   in response to: stab in response to: stab

Hi stab,

I think I haven’t good news for you: Restoring to factory settings without Toshiba recovery disk isn’t possible in your case! :(

First of all I think it’s normal that no recovery disks are delivered anymore with the notebook because you have to create them yourself by using Toshiba recovery disk creator. Therefore it’s recommendable using high quality mediums like Verbatim DVD-R.

I think the only option to get factory settings back is ordering a new recovery disk from Toshiba.
https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx

I don’t understand why you didn’t create this disk because after first start if you put the notebook out of box, you get the following message:
Important INFORMATION

your system is equipped with hard disk recovery system. if you need to repair
your computer by restoring it to original factory state, you can do it directly
from harddisk (press F8 when you boot your computer, choose "Repair your computer"
and follow the menue instructions) or create a bootable Recovery Disc Medium for this purpose.

Toshiba recommends you to create Recovery Disc Medium using the "Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator" to ensure
hat you are able to restore your computer to the original factory installed state, even if your computer
gets seriously damaged
assex

Re: Satellite A500 - How to restore factory settings after Windows 7 upgrade?
Posted: 10-Feb-2010 14:47   in response to: stab in response to: stab

What you can try is to see if you can start HDD recovery installation > http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD9102IR0000R01.htm
I’m not sure if this will work (didn't test it yet) but you can try to see what will happen.

If this will not work I ‘m afraid your last chance is to order original recovery disc. Link is posted by Xardas.
Good luck.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved