Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Qosmio X500-10V and 2 issues (freezing and HDMI)
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Jan-2010 20:23 Last Post By: Macius
kapow

Qosmio X500-10V and 2 issues (freezing and HDMI)
Posted: 27-Jan-2010 16:32

Hi,

I ordered this notebook about 4 weeks ago and haven't done/installed a lot yet. Only different Poker-Softwares, Chat-Software and a ton of music from my old notebook. That's all I use it for.
But from the first day on, this notebook crushes regulary, at first I thought it freezes only when I am very busy, using a lot of RAM or try to open a programm or such but now I realized that those freezes are completely independant from anything and they just come and go.
How the freeze goes: It totally freezes, monitor, mouse, sound (the last ~5ms from the actual music/whatsoever get repeated constantly, like a vey loud buzzing)
I have to shut it down by pushing the on/off button a long time. When I restart it sometimes shows the message: Operating System not found. When I restart it again afterwards, it always works.

Anybody any idea?I could send it back and get a new one, couldn't I ?

I have a Playstation3, I tried to play over this desktop, so plugged in the HMDI cable and no reaction whatsoever, as if I haven't done anything at all.
Should it be enough to download the driver which I just found online, or is it actually plug and play?

Appreciate your help, sorry for bad german grammar.

Ka-Poooooow!

Macius

Re: Qosmio X500-10V and 2 issues (freezing and HDMI)
Posted: 31-Jan-2010 20:23   in response to: kapow in response to: kapow

Hi

This freezing issue is not easy to explain but it sounds to me as some software conflict but don't ask me why this happen exactly. Qosmio X500 is very powerful notebook with more than enough RAM and I am really confused why this happen.

Maybe this poker software is designed to blocks if you have good chances to win. ;)

To be honest I don't understand what you want. As far as I know Qosmio X500 has one HDMI port and it works as audio/video OUT port. That means you can connect your notebook to LCD TV and have perfect pic and sound quality on your TV.

If you want to play Playstation games on notebook display I don't know how you want to send signal into the notebook using this OUT port.

Have I understood you right about that?

Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved