Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite Pro P300 - HDMI output port doesn't fit
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-Dec-2009 19:31 Last Post By: Syntax Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
sainttm

Satellite Pro P300 - HDMI output port doesn't fit
Posted: 06-Dec-2009 15:14

Hello All,

Well this is starting to drive me to distraction and Im hoping theres someone who can put me out my missery lol.

I have been trying to hook my laptop (toshiba satellite pro p300) up to my LCD TV via the same HDMI cable I use for my PS3 but the connector just wont fit. I keep finding all these posts in various forums saying how they cant get sound out the HDMI connection...that would be great, as at least that means they have them connected.

Are there different connections for HDMI? The one I have is diagonal connector but the port on the laptop is more square, and just doesnt fit. So if there isnt a connector, does that mean I have a funky port, on the laptop.

There is also the matter of connection my laptop to my amp that controls the surround sound system. What connection is best to use, as there is no real audio out connections?

Cheers
Syntax

Re: Satellite Pro P300 - HDMI output port doesn't fit
Posted: 06-Dec-2009 19:31   in response to: sainttm in response to: sainttm

Hi

Can you please tell us what Satellite Pro P300 you have exactly? I mean the exact model number.
Maybe you can also post a picture of the HDMI port. Normally there are no different HDMI ports, all have the same physical dimension.
I’m not PS3 owner but maybe it has a special connector. Have you tried another cable?

Regarding the audio connection I use the normal line out port for my external speakers. Did you test this?
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved