Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Dynadock U Display problems on external monitor.
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 28-Oct-2009 13:33 Last Post By: PauPau
Brucefe057

Dynadock U Display problems on external monitor.
Posted: 21-Oct-2009 02:07

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have a Dynadock U docking station connected to a HP Elitebook notebook computer. I have a 24" Viewsonic Full HD external monitor connected to the DVI-D port on the Dynadock and a second monitor connected to the VGA port on the notebook. The second monitor works fine but the Main monitor connected to the Dynadock is slow to update, I can not use AutoCAD or media player software as the display will not refresh properly, in other words every movement leaves a trail and the screen ends up a mess, videos on media player wont work at all, however if I move them onto the second monitor they work fine.

The Main monitor is set to 1920 x 1080 resolution.

The second problem is every time I restart of startup the notebook the Main monitor reverts back to a lower resolution of which I have to readjust every time. This didn't happen for the first few days I had the Dynadock but now happens every time. I have downloaded the latest DisplayLink driver but didn't help. I also tried to download the latest Dynadock driver but couldn't get the CD ROM image to run.
PauPau

Re: Dynadock U Display problems on external monitor.
Posted: 28-Oct-2009 13:33   in response to: Brucefe057 in response to: Brucefe057

Click to reply to this thread Reply
The second monitor works fine but the Main monitor connected to the Dynadock is slow to update, I can not use AutoCAD or media player software as the display will not refresh properly, in other words every movement leaves a trail and the screen ends up a mess, videos on media player wont work at all, however if I move them onto the second monitor they work fine.

The Dynadock is connected to the notebook via USB cable to the USB port.
In my opinion the USB ports are not designed to transfer this high amount of data which is created by an video.

You could use the Dynadock in connection with some office applications an software but I doubt it would function properly watching the videos on external monitor.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved