Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Display problems Equium P200-1ED
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-Oct-2009 14:03 Last Post By: alanwmc
alanwmc

Display problems Equium P200-1ED
Posted: 11-Oct-2009 09:41

My computer indicates that to show a screensaver I need a new video card or one that is compatible with Direct 3D. When I update my display to Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family on restart the screen splits in two and pixilates. I restart in safe mode and find that in the Device Manager it reports that the Display Adapter has two copies of Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family installed.

The only way I can get back to a stable screen is to uninstall this driver which is then reported as missing by Windows.

How can I install A display driver and video controller which gives me a stable display?
Andrej

Re: Display problems Equium P200-1ED
Posted: 15-Oct-2009 10:55   in response to: alanwmc in response to: alanwmc

Wait a moment. Do you use original Toshiba display driver for this notebook model?
Maybe my English is not the best but what do you mean with “stabile display”?

I just want to start discussion with one basic question:
Can you use preinstalled Vista with original Toshiba display driver? Is everything on the display shown properly?
alanwmc

Posted: 16-Oct-2009 16:09   in response to: Andrej in response to: Andrej

Sorry mistyped meant to write 'stable display'.

Windows update telld me to install Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family as a display driver, when I do this on restart my screen splits into 2 with what should be the left side on the right and vice versa. If i move the mouse the screen pixilates and it's impossible to work.

When I uninstall Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family the Device Manager shows no Display but it does show 'Other devices' called 'Unknown device' and ''Video controller'. If i allow Windows to update drivers for these devices it simply puts Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family back into the Display and I'm back with the same problem.

Thanks
Andrej

Posted: 16-Oct-2009 16:22   in response to: alanwmc in response to: alanwmc

Please do not install Windows updates for drivers. Use Toshiba drivers only.
All Toshiba drivers are tested and everything will be OK.

Remove this driver and install Toshiba display driver. In windows updates remove check mark in front of all listed drivers. If you check it carefully such updates are defined as OPTIONAL.
DO NOT INSTALL THEM!!!
alanwmc

Posted: 19-Oct-2009 20:55   in response to: Andrej in response to: Andrej

Thanks for the help, couldn't put it to use though because, I'm now having problems with my Vista Activation Code. I think i need to order a recovery disc as I don't have the original. Does the recovery disc reinstall the Windows operating system as well as the Toshiba drivers etc?
PauPau

Posted: 19-Oct-2009 21:06   in response to: alanwmc in response to: alanwmc

Does the recovery disc reinstall the Windows operating system as well as the Toshiba drivers etc
Yes, it contains the Vista OS, Toshiba drivers and utilities…
It will set your notebook to factory settings…
alanwmc

Posted: 23-Oct-2009 14:03   in response to: PauPau in response to: PauPau

Thanks PauPau
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)