Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Portege M600 - Webcam driver open fail on Windows 7
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Sep-2009 02:11 Last Post By: vocbangbang
Chrizt Laurentz

Portege M600 - Webcam driver open fail on Windows 7
Posted: 13-Aug-2009 22:21

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I have Portege M600 and already installed Windows 7 RTM. After windows update, everything running well for all hardware certify with Microsoft but, when I try used to webcam, the program show some error message:
It say "webcam driver open fail. please restart camera or computer"

Then I restart until twice again but nothing happen and show the same error. I check device is working properly. I already reinstall webcam software too.
Any clue or suggestions ?

ps:
I used Vista 32 software as default driver

Thanks
Akuma

Re: Portege M600 - Webcam driver open fail on Windows 7
Posted: 14-Aug-2009 06:29   in response to: Chrizt Laurentz in response to: Chrizt Laurentz

Vista drivers mostly work in Win7, but there are some exceptions.

Have a look on the Toshiba US site, they have posted up some beta win7 drivers. Perhaps there's an updated webcam driver that works in Win7?
Lars_3

Posted: 14-Aug-2009 07:48   in response to: Chrizt Laurentz in response to: Chrizt Laurentz

Hi

I completely agree with Akuma that you should try the Windows 7 beta driver for the Chicony webcam from the Toshiba US page:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com

But remember that Windows 7 isn’t released as yet so it’s a little bit difficult go get tested drivers for it.

Furthermore it would be interesting to know if the same happens with “factory settings”.

Bye
vocbangbang

Posted: 18-Sep-2009 02:11   in response to: Chrizt Laurentz in response to: Chrizt Laurentz

Had the same problem with windows update driver and the vista camera drive. Nothing work checked the europe site and download thier new chicony driver for my L300-5875s. It was released 3/09 I think install and rebooted worked fine. Doest show up in device and printers though other than that no problems with it. Hope this helps your problem
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved