Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite P300-1FN > TV - HDMI stopped working...
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Aug-2009 10:39 Last Post By: s11dj
s11dj

Satellite P300-1FN > TV - HDMI stopped working...
Posted: 31-Jul-2009 13:30

Dear Anybody who knows more than me about this, so around 6billion people...

I recetly purchased both a Toshiba 32'' plasma TV (regza i think) and Toshiba Satellite P300-1FN.
I also purchased a HDMI cable and have been watching filthy movies from my laptop on my phat 32'' TV for a couple of months now. Lovely stuff.

After around 1 month, the HDMI port 1 stopped working. It just wouldn't pick up any signal from the computer, so i remove the cable and placed it in the HDMI port 2 on the back of the TV. Worked fine. (so i guess it's not the cable at fault) Again for about a month, now that's stopped working too...DA-DA-DA-DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM...

Before, when i plugged it into the computer, both screens would turn black for around 3 seconds while they adjust the resolution, then the same image would appear on both. Now when i plug it in, the computer screen just 'blinks' followed shortly by the message on the relative HDMI TV channel 'no video signal', if i remember correctly.

WTF??

Cheers, Allan.
s11dj

Re: Satellite P300-1FN > TV - HDMI stopped working...
Posted: 03-Aug-2009 08:54   in response to: s11dj in response to: s11dj

wow guys thanks a lot for your hospitality and help..
Feliks

Posted: 03-Aug-2009 09:40   in response to: s11dj in response to: s11dj

Hi

Please don't be mad on me but you must understand it is user-to-user forum and if someone can help will probably write something and try to help. There is no reason for comments like the last one.

Anyway, I have good experience with HDMI and connection to the TV. I have Satellite P200D and Satellite A300, both with HDMI port. I have used both of them with my BRAVIA LCD TV and it works properly. Brother’s Satellite P300-1GL doesn’t made problems either.

So it is not easy to say what is wrong there but I can say that this behaviour is definitely not normal.
In my opinion you should contact nearest Toshiba service and let them check your notebook.
What else you can do? Not much, just test it eventually with some other LCD TV to see if the same happen.

Sorry for this late posting.
Let’s see if someone else has some comment to this.
s11dj

Posted: 03-Aug-2009 10:39   in response to: s11dj in response to: s11dj

OK cool, thanks man..really appreciate it..

I'll test the laptop out on some1 elses HDMI tv, therefore establishing whether it's my TV or Laptop at fault.

i don't mean to be narcy, it's just really frustrating because i'm in italy and the retailers/service centres are an absolute nightmare to deal with, they don't wana know and just always pass the buck.
So i was just expecting a bit of help from the toshiba forum where i assumed there would be toshiba officials operating..

Thanks again, and if there is anyone else out there who might know more, could really do with any suggestions...

aL<<
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved