Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Satellite Pro L20-PSL25E - CPU upgrade question
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07-Jul-2009 14:41 Last Post By: Mores
rebekah

Satellite Pro L20-PSL25E - CPU upgrade question
Posted: 07-Jul-2009 10:04

Hi,

I upgraded the ram last year and im running at top capacity for my model, 2.0gb.

This really helped for a while, but after a couple of heavy programmes were installed this year (one software, one game) ive noticed it running as slow as before, its worth noting that my computer passed all the spec needed for both apart from the game where im running on 1.7ghz and it needs at the very least 2.0ghz from the processor, and i am running on the slowest peformance speed from the game itself.

It currently has a pentium centrino, bearing in mind a new laptop is not in my budget, is it worth getting a new processor and which would be best?

Thanks again, Rebekah.
Mores

Re: Satellite Pro L20-PSL25E - CPU upgrade question
Posted: 07-Jul-2009 14:41   in response to: rebekah in response to: rebekah

Hello

My personal opinion is that Satellite L20 is not designed for heavy operations and it is definitely not gaming machine. If you compare price for Satellite A and Satellite L notebooks you will understand why. I am pretty sure this notebook is designed for Internet, Office and all simple “every day” activities.

RAM upgrade is very good and I am sure it helps a lot but CPU upgrade is not the solution. CPU upgrade is not supported. You must also understand that every hardware platform is designed for optimal hardware activity. CPU, graphics, cooling system and other hardware components must work harmonic and without overheating. Stronger CPU means more heat.

In my opinion you should optimize preinstalled operating system in hope software you use will runs better and more stabile.

Bu the way: http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB9401AX0001R01.htm
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved