Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Need utility to control the fan speed on Satellite A200
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Jun-2009 07:10 Last Post By: Akuma
Springroll

Need utility to control the fan speed on Satellite A200
Posted: 01-Jun-2009 16:11

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello everyone, my Toshiba Satellite A200 1GB reach 80º C on CPU, and GPU start doing problems at that temperature, and I hear that the Fan is not at maximum when that happens.

I have a cooler base for it but doesn´t work as I wish.
My question is if there is a program or utility to control the fan speed. I don´t want to set clock speed lower, because I use it for HD games, just to set up the fan.
Speedfan doesn´t recognise the fan of my CPU.

Thanks!
Akuma

Re: Need utility to control the fan speed on Satellite A200
Posted: 02-Jun-2009 07:45   in response to: Springroll in response to: Springroll

Have you checked for Dust in the Heatsink?

With the laptop Off, use compressed air to blow the dust out of the heatsink. Spray the air into the vent where the Air usually comes out.

If there is excessive dust buildup, you may need to get an ASP to dismantle the laptop to remove the dust properly, and refresh the Thermal Grease.
sanremo

Posted: 02-Jun-2009 08:58   in response to: Springroll in response to: Springroll

You don't need any application or something like this. What you need is to remove the dust from the notebook.
The cooling grill must be clean again and notebook will be cooled down properly.
Believe me that’s all you must do.
Springroll

Posted: 02-Jun-2009 12:56   in response to: sanremo in response to: sanremo

Ok, i did it and it is lower now, like 6ºc lower, it´s an improve but i still want to control the fan, i can´t find anything on the web, maybe it doesn´t exist for this Toshiba...
Thanks for your answers ^^.
sanremo

Posted: 02-Jun-2009 13:08   in response to: Springroll in response to: Springroll

Cooling fans are always controlled automatically by temperature sensors.
What you can do is to enter Toshiba power saver settings and check settings for cooling method.
Set it to maximum performance.
Akuma

Posted: 03-Jun-2009 07:10   in response to: Springroll in response to: Springroll

Yes its important for a laptop to control the fan speeds itself to avoid damage.

Laptops are very different to Desktops, especially when it comes to cooling systems.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved