Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Question about Hidden Recovery Partition
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question was marked as assumed answered by a moderator.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Jun-2008 14:18 Last Post By: Mike30
davidjohn.d

Question about Hidden Recovery Partition
Posted: 13-Feb-2008 19:16

Hi Readers,

Bought Satellite Pro A200 last Nov. I have been looking for this so called hidden 1.5GB Hidden partition. I thought it would have shown in Disk Management.

I have booted up pressing F8 for Advanced Boot options as it states in the manual , the option to repair is not listed.
Has any other users experienced this? Although I do have the Recovery disk.

deejaydee
Mores

Re: Question about Hidden Recovery Partition
Posted: 18-Feb-2008 09:38   in response to: davidjohn.d in response to: davidjohn.d

Hello David

To be honest I do not understand what you want. To make things clear: if your notebook is preinstalled with Vista OS this WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment) partition will be automatically created and this option is listed in “Disc Management”.

So what is your question now?
Mike30

Re: Question about Hidden Recovery Partition
Posted: 16-Jun-2008 14:18   in response to: davidjohn.d in response to: davidjohn.d

Hello

When your notebook starts press F8 and “Advanced Boot option” will be shown. Choose option “Repair your computer and follow the menu on the screen.
After two or three steps you will see “System Recover Options” . All you need is there.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved