Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.
Thread:
Qosmio F10-124 - Pixelated screen, flicks into blank, then comes back to normal
Search Forum Boards
advanced searchadvanced search user searchuser search
Forum Content Key
Unread Indicates new content items added
Updated Indicates content items updated
Read Indicates content items read
Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Jan-2008 14:01 Last Post By: Ivan25
keylee

Qosmio F10-124 - Pixelated screen, flicks into blank, then comes back to normal
Posted: 05-Dec-2007 23:34

It looks like the graphics hardware has failed on a pc bought in April 2005.

This occurred in stages, starting from around the time when I received
1) An automatic download of windows updates and
2) And Adobe upgrade.
In Sept 07. Do not know if this is at all related with the screen malfunctioning.
The screen has at best operated intermittently, with only access being possible using the external VGA port.

The latest Toshiba screen drivers for the WMD operating system did not rectify the problem.

In the last couple of days pixilation has occurred in various parts of the External monitor screen, whilst the laptop was just blank, up to that point the external screen was displaying my work just fine. Occasionally the laptop screen flicked into life and the pixilation has become more prevalent recently. The occurrences of the laptop screen working were random.

I need to have the screen settings such that the external monitor is a mirror of the Laptop screen to do anything on the laptop.

Rebooting the PC has no effect.

The latest symptoms are that the external screen shows that the OS has booted, but there is an alignment problem causing a pattern to appear across the screen, and this is "ghosted" €™ with several iterations of all screen events across the width of the screen output. The Laptop screen is not working at all at present.

Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this, and/or how to fix it??
Jack Black

Re: Qosmio F10-124 - Pixelated screen, flicks into blank, then comes back to normal
Posted: 07-Dec-2007 15:24   in response to: keylee in response to: keylee

The graphic card chip seems to malfunction. Your described issue sounds really like a chip fault…
But please note that this is only my personal assumption and if you want to be 100% sure what’s wrong then you will have to contact the service provider in your country for a detailed check.

In worst case the motherboard must be replaced because the GPU chip is fixed on the motherboard and cannot be removed.
Ivan25

Re: Qosmio F10-124 - Pixelated screen, flicks into blank, then comes back to normal
Posted: 30-Jan-2008 14:01   in response to: keylee in response to: keylee

Described issue seems to be serious hardware problem and I recommend you to contact authorized service partner in your country. Using special diagnostic tool the problem can be found. Talk with service and they can give you exact info how it can be fixed.

To be honest I am afraid that mainboard must be replaced.
Legend
Master: 700 + pts
Scholar: 300 - 699 pts
Aficionado: 150 - 299 pts
Enthusiast: 50 - 149 pts
Beginner: 0 - 49 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

Copyright © 1995-2011 TOSHIBA Corporation, All Rights Reserved